Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wah!

Be prepared to be irked. Possibly quite pissed. Maybe even reach through the computer and bitch slap somebody angry.

I am having the hardest time adjusting to real life after returning from the cruise. 


My breakfast view one week ago (Cabo)

I know, I know, you wish you had such problems. You want to smack me. Well, you can't. Go ahead and call me names. It might help. I totally understand. I'll wait...

I don't want you to worry about me though. I will be okay. 

One day soon I will snap out of it and stop: 
  • Being surprised that no one has come to tidy my house after we've left in the morning. 
  • Wondering where the towel animal and chocolates are and why my bed looks like it was never made instead of perfectly turned down.
  • Looking for the buffet.
  • Expecting a fabulous show before dinner.
  • Looking for Captain Jack Sparrow coming down the hallway.
  • Assuming I can sleep till whenever.
  • Wondering where my dining room servers are and what they've done with the chef.
  • Trying to drop my kids at super fun kids' clubs 100 yards from the house.
  • Thinking the biggest decisions of the day are what to drink, what time to start drinking, and what is the perfect pace for making it to all the desired activities.
I'm just going to have to accept that:
  • I'm the only one who will tidy the house.
  • The only towels on the bed will be damp ones left there after morning showers. There will be no turn down service.
  • The only buffets in town are not the kind I'm looking for.
  • The pre-dinner show here is homework and sports practices.
  • It's unlikely I can get Scott to don his Captain Jack outfit and wander around the house more than once a week.
  • It will be impossible to sleep in because I am back to mapping out the day and making lists in my head at 5 a.m.
  • Joseph & Arjay will not be handing me a menu and taking my order. They won't be sending the chef either.
  • I've got to take the kids to school and then chauffeur them to activities.
  • What & when to drink are still on the list, but are so far down it I can't quite see them from the top of the list in the morning.
Le sigh....

What's a sad, spoiled gal to do.... start researching and planning the next cruise of course. Silly people! More naming calling? Yep. I get it. 


Peace & Love ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?