Friday, February 10, 2012

Analyze This

Last night I had a pretty bizarre, convoluted dream. The oddest part being that I got a tattoo on my cheek that said "Mere Christmas" not "Merry", but "Mere".


I remember telling the tattooer (artist would be a giant stretch here) who spoke broken English that I wanted "Merry Christmas" across my cheek and when she asked if I was sure, I said, "Yes! I fucking love Christmas!". I was under the impression that I merely like Christmas, but according to my subconscious, I love it. Weird.


So I ended up with a misspelled slasher style lettering of Merry Christmas on my cheek and I wasn't even upset about it. If I tilted my head just so, my long hair kinda covered it and I decided if I ended up hating it I could get it removed later. "Mere Christmas" was poorly written ON MY FACE and I was all "meh" about it. Weird. 


But, here's the weirdest part. I went on to interact with various friends and family throughout the dream and NO ONE even mentioned it. Nobody said, "What the hell is that?" or "Were you drunk/high?" or most appropriately, "Would you like a little break from the world for a couple days and a counselor to speak with?"


Seriously! What is wrong with you people?!?




Peace & Love ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Look, I noticed it, okay? BUT, it was hard not to when you kept touching it, and I truly WOULD have said something except for the fact that it was misspelled and there was NO WAY I was going to criticize you for having a mispelled face. It was very festive, though. So festive, in fact, that I am indeed considering getting my own Hapy Holydaze on my face. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to hang out with our matching misspelled face tatts! Mine's on the right cheek (I think) so maybe go with your left.

      Delete
  2. My newest one now says "Heart-y Valenturn's Dye". It's on my forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love dreams.
    "Mere" Christmas is wonderful. It's like you're apathetic to the whole holiday. And yet you have it all over your face.

    Last night I dreamt that I got send to jail, but they had awesome chocolates from France there... so it all seemed okay.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?