Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guess What I Found

I just spent the last 10 minutes opening, inspecting, shaking, inspecting and closing all my spices looking for... Yep. You guessed it... Moths! 


Bastards.


After 3 months with no signs of moths, dead or alive, I found a dead moth in a container of garlic powder. The carcass has probably been there for months as I prefer fresh garlic and can't remember the last time I used the powder, but it still pissed me off. It was a large Costco container of old hardened powder that I was happy to throw away anyway, but dammit! dammit! dammit! 


I then found a smaller, newer bottle of garlic powder and when I unscrewed the cap I found a dead larvae and it's abandoned pupae nestled among the raised, swirly, screw cap receiving line thingies. That's when I got REALLY PISSED! Here's why: 


I inspected that fucking pantry and everything in it no less than 5,000 times during the moth wars. It is infuriating that I missed even 1 moth much less 3 (there was another dead larvae situation under the cap of some other spice).


Just goes to show that those assholes are insidious and vigilance is prudent.


Also, I was sure I had dead moths that had started decomposing in my garlic salt because I saw several "wings" in there when I was shaking it all around. Then I looked at the label and it said it was Garlic Salt with Parsley Flakes. So that explains that. Probably.


Peace & Love ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?